This NETGEAR switch tells you to make a switch to a managed switch in line with your needs as a growing business. It represents a step from plug-and-play unmanaged switches, minus the complexities of their managed counterparts. As far as management is concerned, the switch is classified as Smart Plus, which means having the basic capabilities to configure and monitor the network and, thus, layer 2 management.
This ProSafe® Plus Switch has 16 ports that can deliver up to 10/100/1000 Mbps, with each port having a dedicated bandwidth. Other stand-out features worth of a switch to this switch are the following:
- Simple and easy to install
- Plug-and-play connectivity
- Traffic prioritization (Quality of Service), especially for video and voice
- Loop detection
- Network monitoring tools
- Network security tools, including denial-of-service (DoS) prevention
- Bandwidth control, such as rate limiting for better allocation
- Compliance with the following wired networking standards for Ethernet (IEEE 802.3i 10BASE-T), Fast Ethernet (IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX), and Gigabit Ethernet (IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-T)
- Virtual local area network (VLAN) to divide the network into small groups for traffic segmentation and efficient use of resources
Netgear GS116E-200NAS ProSafe Plus Switch, 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet - 10/100/1000Base-T Wall Mountable is also a green choice. It offers up to 60 percent lower power consumption and energy savings through its auto-power-down setting.
For all those reasons, companies looking to exercise more control over their network traffic at a more cost-effective price can look into upgrading their infrastructure one networking device at a time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.